Re: John F. Kennedy Signature

I have to preface this with the usual "I'm not an expert," but I agree
with you: This signature is not genuine. Here's a page of JFK AutoPen
sigs: http://www.geocities.com/~sbeck/autopens/ap-jfk.htm You can see
that, although Kennedy did have a wide range of sigs, he never used the
classic cursive "J" as in your example. Also, it doesn't look like he was
in the practice of including the middle initial.

I looked at several other JFK sigs offered by reputable dealers, and none
resembled yours. You can see the examples I looked at by going to the
sites of these dealers:
http://www.historyforsale.com/html/default.asp
http://www.raabcollection.com/default.aspx
http://www.universityarchives.com/

--Jon Meyers

Thanks Jon,

I guess a couple from this page threw me. There are 2 items ( 75 and 750
pounds ) with the looping J at the below site,
but on closer inspection, neither one says that it's his signature. (Really
just ephemera)

http://www.frasersautographs.com/gallery.asp?category=Politics&keyword=john+f+kennedy&pg=1

But how cool would that have been to have his fingerprint?

Thanks again,
Rich

  • Re: Symantec AV signature corruption
    ... The vendor response on this issue may have been a bit light on detail ... Users logged in in the morning and applied dodgy sigs. ... Had to write script to manually rollback to last signature, ... Client accepted sigs silently, and effectively had zero viruses in the ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Selecciones
    ... I suppose that's why your own sigs are from three to four times the maximum ... The question of a proper signature can cause perhaps more arguments than any ... other single netiquette issue. ... abounding with trolls, fools, wise-guys and sages alike. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Cisco IPS dropping packets
    ... IPS fail closed is disabled ... Signature Micro-Engine: OTHER ... SigID:SubID On Action Sev Trait MH AI CT TI AT FA WF ... Signature Micro-Engine: STRING.UDP (1 sigs) ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful
    ... I'm on a yahoo mailing list that automatically strips PGP signatures ... I consider that a genuine breach of netiquette. ... > My signature shows up as a 0.2k attachment. ... I have a script that looks at the sigs in incoming mail as it's ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Proposed 3rd : RFD for uk.rec.cycling.moderated
    ... What or is not in signature files is not a matter for discussion ... and fit in with the wording in the RFD. ... If the panel is not going to block ordinary, ... compliant sigs then it is the panel that is proposing sigs be ...
    (uk.net.news.config)