Re: Does weight really matter to you?

Lord Slime wrote:
I think losing your "drive" is the number one thing.  Most of the
population in the 30 to 50 age bracket is married/divorced with
children, unsatisfying jobs and truckloads of societal baggage.
Any athletic goals or aspirations they may have had have been
replaced by the social imperative of trying to excell in the
job/family/home-owner competition (aka The Rat Race).  Any
left over sexual drive (to remain fit and attractive) has been
replaced by resignation

Boy, isn't that the truth. Being back on the dating scene and not really wanting my climbing partner and boyfriend to be the same person again, I've spent some time looking at non-climbing men my age. It's an ugly thing. They're not just fat; they're nearly dead. Hopeless, resigned, uninterested and uninteresting.

So I've turned my attention to 20-somethings. They're so cute at that age. Only trouble is, they all want to learn to climb.

Dawn

  • Re: Does weight really matter to you?
    ... Hopeless, ... > resigned, uninterested and uninteresting. ... Double that at my age! ... >> So I've turned my attention to 20-somethings. ...
    (rec.climbing)
  • Re: Anybody else have experience with C&D 965 Tuggle Hall?
    ... an uninteresting smoke. ... Tim in ... Yup.....let 'er age more than you think it should. ... as advertised.....among the all time great English type blends. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: change the name of this group please
    ... have never seen a group so full of themselfs!! ... submit that, based on this response, he may in fact NOT get over his ... I wonder why showing age in this group in some way shows superiority. ... It is just an uninteresting piece of ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: change the name of this group please
    ... have never seen a group so full of themselfs!! ... I wonder why showing age in this group in some way shows superiority. ... In the approximately 25 years that I read various newsgroups I ... It is just an uninteresting piece of ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: Mid life crisis and Masterchef
    ... There seems to be a common theme ... that everyone who reaches 38 or more years of age wants to chuck in ... I dunno - I've had aspirations way beyond my abilities for years. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)