I could have Zimmerman'd it...
- From: X ` Man <dump-on-conservatives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 17:18:07 -0400
....but I didn't.
Just got back from picking up two barbecue dinners from a local church fundraiser (chicken and ribs) and who do I see walking up the street towards me while I'm on the last leg of driving home? Two teen-aged boys, both minority kids, each carrying a soft drink and a bag of chips. Neither kid looked familiar to me.
Should I have reached for the firearm I don't carry and confronted them? Should I have waved as I passed by them? Decisions, decisions.
I waved. They smiled and waved back.
Of course, I am used to seeing teenagers walking around here. We have a goodly number living in the neighborhood, they have friends, and I am sure a percentage of the couples living here have had more than one marriage, so kids from previous couplings might be visiting.
Waving at kids is a lot better than confronting and shooting them.
- Prev by Date: Re: The utter stupidity of the stand your ground law
- Next by Date: Re: The utter stupidity of the stand your ground law
- Previous by thread: There's dumb and then there's...
- Next by thread: Re: I could have Zimmerman'd it...