Re: OT--Ping: To all who keep warning me of a housing bust in Naples

Starbuck wrote:

Don,
Yes it is a shame that CEO make millions while the company goes bankrupt. The problem with limiting someone's income with a federal law is, the US would experience a major "Brain Drain", with the best and brightest being paid to work for employers overseas.

You mean, like the way the best scientists and engineers are no longer flocking to the US, and many foreign born ones that are here are leaving?

This is partialy a result of the Bush/Cheney Administration's emphasis on political BS trampling science, and partly the result of the same bunch enacting policies that leave the borders totally porous while hassling honest citizens who happen to have non-Anglo names.

DSK

  • Re: OT--Ping: To all who keep warning me of a housing bust in Naples
    ... Yes it is a shame that CEO make millions while the company goes bankrupt. ... The problem with limiting someone's income with a federal law is, ... >> give the appearance of helping the poor. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT--Ping: To all who keep warning me of a housing bust in Naples
    ... > Yes it is a shame that CEO make millions while the company goes bankrupt. ... > The problem with limiting someone's income with a federal law is, ... Or you get the market bubble and burst as happened under clintoon's ... >>> give the appearance of helping the poor. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: The end is in sight
    ... When it it "necessary" to steal the income of the productive, ... many firms would have gone bankrupt had the government not bailed them out. ... subsidize the lazy parasites? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Our lines are down.
    ... For one thing, Federal law prohibits digging ... The Federal government is not going to declare anybody bankrupt unless they ... There is no such thing as "on pain of bankruptcy". ... Even if it were illegal to cause an accident of this nature (which it's ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: What is Broke?
    ... In some cases you are only bankrupt if interest on your depts exceeds your ... income. ... For example some kid pisses away 10,000 on his credit card playing ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)