Sperry Topsider Repair

I have a pair of Topsiders from the early 1980's--about 1982 or so. They are
in very good condition except for the soles that are no longer non-skid.
Sperry used to have resoling services but they don't anymore as you might
know.

I searched around the web and found the Resole America site. I inquired of
them but they can't repair the model I have which is the America's Cup, that
is no longer made. The shoe sits in the sole, not on it and is stitched
about 1/2 inch onto the body of the shoe.

I really hate to part with the shoes...the leather is in excellent conditon
and the shoes still have the original laces. They are very "salty", have
been thru 3 sailboats and numerous boat shows. If they could be repaired, it
probably would cost more then new boat shoes, but "they don't make them like
they used to".

Silly, I know, but does anyone know of a local cobbler or vendor in their
area that can repair obsolete Sperry Topsiders?

Diane

  • Re: Yer Feets Too Big
    ... I think Hulkenberg mentioned that they had trimmed the heels of his boots. ... Given that racing shoes generally have very thin soles anyway, ... 8856-2000) defines a minimum height for the shoe but if the shoe is ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: Yer Feets Too Big
    ... I think Hulkenberg mentioned that they had trimmed the heels of his boots. ... Given that racing shoes generally have very thin soles anyway, ... 8856-2000) defines a minimum height for the shoe but if the shoe is ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: shoe repair
    ... with Shoe Goo, great stuff. ... when the heels or soles wear ... And if so where did you get the replacement ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Barely reach rudder pedals
    ... In certain shoe stores, they used to sell black lace-up sneakers with 3 to 4 ... inch soles in both mens' and womens' sizes. ... A fellow I knew had a short leg, and had a shoemaker glue a thick cork ... A pair of slip ons with thick cork soles might work ...
    (rec.aviation.soaring)
  • Re: Looking for shoes and pedals(road) Sidi/Speedplay
    ... Told the guy I had a knee problem and that it ... I also know someone who /does/ need to twist his foot significantly ... necessarily mean that expensive shoe A is more comfortable or effective ... and some people find ultra-stiff carbon soles too hard on ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)