Does this sound right? - NEMA question
- From: "Roger Long" <rlong003@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:16:15 -0400
I hooked up the NEMA output from my Garmin GPSmap 76x to my Quest radio this morning.
The radio has a NEMA in and NEMA out line and shows them connected to wires of the same color for a GPS by the same company. A few pages later there is a table for NEMA connetions to various brands of GPS.
Both fixed mount and portable Garmin's show the NEMA out line from the GPS to be connected to the :Data In" in line on the radio. The radio "Data Out" line is indicated as connecting to "Black - Neg Ground". I therefore put a wire from the ground block where the black negative lead from the GPS power cord attaches and ran it to the Quest radio "Data Out" lead. I'm sure this is what it said to do but it seems odd.
I haven't turned anything on yet so, if anyone can confirm that I did it right or head off melting something, I would appreciate it.
Please: only if you know. I hate those post responses that start out, "I haven't got a clue but here is what I guess."
- Prev by Date: Re: State registered boat in Canada
- Next by Date: Re: Does this sound right? - NEMA question
- Previous by thread: Off .. way off .. topic ... but watching Don Imus ..>>
- Next by thread: Re: Does this sound right? - NEMA question