Sailing from Florida to California

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone here sailed from Miami, Florida to California ?

Please tell me which is the best route (East or West of Cuba)
and best time of year to do this.

How long does this take in a 40' monohull ?

Should I bring a lot of supplies or is it easy to find them along the way ?

TIA

  • Re: Sailing from Florida to California
    ... > Has anyone here sailed from Miami, Florida to California? ... > Please tell me which is the best route ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Stance on Cuba =?windows-1252?Q?won=92t_help_gubernatorial_?= =?windows-1252?Q?candidates_in
    ... I don’t care what Charlie Crist, the newly minted Democrat vying to return to the governorship of Florida, thinks about the five-decade-old U.S. embargo against Cuba. ... I want my governor focused on funding and managing the government services people will need, the road and transportation improvements necessary to accommodate more people and connect booming cities, and educational programs that keep our children engaged and prepare them for a competitive future. ... Neither Crist nor Scott is that, but it didn’t keep them from jumping on the Cuban embargo issue, thanks to the launch of the conversation by another non-expert, HBO talk show host Bill Maher. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • State restrictions continue to inhibit Cuba-related research
    ... In 2006, the Florida House of Representatives passed a bill that prohibited Florida universities from funding travel to “terrorist” states, including Syria, Iran, Sudan and Cuba. ... Access to Cuban waters needs to be re-opened for the examination of biodiversity, ... Source: State restrictions continue to inhibit Cuba-related research - The Oracle: University of South Florida - ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Castro or no Castro, Florida companies push to expand trade with Cuba.
    ... Florida companies salivating for a chance to do business there have had ... But while the issue of planning for free trade with Cuba has been South ... organization and is drawing real interest from Tampa Bay companies. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Will U.S. businesses be Cubas new compadres?
    ... With Fidel Castro apparently still ailing and his younger brother Raul serving as Cuba's leader, U.S. businesses hope Washington will finally see enough political change in the communist nation to lift long-standing limits on trading with Cuba. ... Still, California biotechnology companies, construction companies with the know-how to repair Cuba's long-crumbling infrastructure, and hotel companies and retailers that cater to foreign tourists could benefit from a Cuba that's open to business. ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)