Re: Ping Peggy re: sanitation hoses

Jim Conlin wrote:
Peggie-
Schedule 148?

All PVC, hard and soft is a "schedule something"...sched. 40, sched. 80 etc hard PVC. 148 is the white flex PVC rated for potable water and sanitation that's been around for a couple of decades.

Peggie

--
Peggie
----------
Author "Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation Systems and Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/books/detail-books.htm?fno=0&sku=90&cat=1304

  • Re: Ping Peggy re: sanitation hoses
    ... There's flex PVC that is rated for sanitation and flex PVC that isn't...as people who try to save money by buying the hot tub hose from Home Depot that sells for $2/ft or less quickly discover. ... SeaLand OdorSafe is warranted against odor permeation for 5 years...I've seen it fail in less than a year too. ...
    (rec.boats.building)
  • Re: Ping Peggy re: sanitation hoses
    ... There's flex PVC that is rated for sanitation and flex PVC that ... onto a fitting is about the only way to damage any hose without actually ... OdorSafe is warranted against odor permeation for 5 years...I've seen it ... Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987 ...
    (rec.boats.building)
  • Re: need auto-siphon help
    ... assume your concern about "sanitation" is an aesthetic one. ... Why did you think the old siphon was not sanitary? ... when the siphon is full of wine stop and transfer it over to the clean ... A 3/8" I.D. hose fits over the pipe ...
    (rec.crafts.winemaking)
  • Re: Ping Peggy
    ... I doubt if the hose you replaced really was engine or exhaust hose...it was prob'ly double-walled rubber sanitation hose. ... Author "Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation Systems and Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor" ...
    (rec.boats.building)