Killing a State Bird: Harsher Crime?

Let's say, in theory, one witnesses someone killing or injuring an official
"State Bird." (In the U.S., each state has its own official bird.) And let's
say, in theory, said miscreant was convicted of killing said bird. Would
there be a harsher penalty for doing so?

I ask because I've come across an issue of a young child throwing rocks at
birds. I just want to have a friendly "chat" with its parents to inform them
of the facts, and the repercussions of I see it again.

TIA

Tim

--
If you bring lions to your home,