Killing a State Bird: Harsher Crime?

Let's say, in theory, one witnesses someone killing or injuring an official
"State Bird." (In the U.S., each state has its own official bird.) And let's
say, in theory, said miscreant was convicted of killing said bird. Would
there be a harsher penalty for doing so?

I ask because I've come across an issue of a young child throwing rocks at
birds. I just want to have a friendly "chat" with its parents to inform them
of the facts, and the repercussions of I see it again.

TIA

Tim

--
------------------------
If you bring lions to your home,

  • Re: Another letter I agree with
    ... That's why they are fake conservationists. ... unacceptable by origin or abundance to Hitler and his thugs killing ... that there is the greatest decline of certain bird populations ever ...
    (uk.environment.conservation)
  • Re: The power of energy
    ... environmental threat as shale gas extractio,n it appears that the same ... as energy winning to feed your SUV ... with millions of others, for the bird killing. ...
    (uk.environment.conservation)
  • Re: Killing a State Bird: Harsher Crime?
    ... > Let's say, in theory, one witnesses someone killing or injuring an ... > say, in theory, said miscreant was convicted of killing said bird. ...
    (rec.birds)
  • Re: The power of energy
    ... environmental threat as shale gas extractio,n it appears that the same ... I think energy should be more expensive. ... with millions of others, for the bird killing. ...
    (uk.environment.conservation)
  • Re: Stuffing/dressing question
    ... chickens corn in the weeks before killing, to fatten them up a bit. ... Dressing a bird means preparing the dead body by hanging, plucking, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)