Re: Which Glue for Velcro Repair
- From: Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 20:50:22 -0700
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:40:39 -0500, AMuzi <am@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SiDis haven't been leather for 15+ years now.
Sorry(tm). I don't own any Sidi shoes.
It's made from Lorica, also known as urethane and polyamide artificial
leather. The new shiny stuff is called vernice, but is also Lorica
under the surface. The material comes from Japan, but is softened,
dyed, and finished in Italy:
I believe that the same precautions for sewing leather also apply to
the artificial leather Lorica material.
# Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D Santa Cruz CA 95060
# http://802.11junk.com jeffl@xxxxxxxxxx
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Politics
- Next by Date: Re: TdF rain tires ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Which Glue for Velcro Repair
- Next by thread: Re: Which Glue for Velcro Repair