That's not katydids!
- From: Patrick Lamb <pdl678NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:29:55 -0500
Found a quiet street on the way home tonight, and heard a noise that
has me scratching my head. It sounds like a bunch of crickets
chirping as I pedal in my highest 3-4 gears (large ring only, 3 or 4
smallest cogs). Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm powering the
pedals or just spinning without putting power into the bike. I wasn't
able to trim it out on the front derailer, although it was much
quieter and higher pitched than the front derailer usually makes.
I should note I changed cables, housing, and derailer last weekend,
but I've put on about 100 miles or so; hadn't noticed the noise until
tonight. Also, don't know if this is relevant or not, but it rained
and was very humid.
(Totally off topic, but does anybody else ever think they've called in
to Car Talk when they're describing a bike problem here? Sometimes
Click and Clack nail it first thing, sometimes they have to ask a
bunch of questions, and every so often you get to play Stump the
- Prev by Date: Re: Bicycle accident = glad i had my Helmet on this time
- Next by Date: Re: SRAM or Shimano?
- Previous by thread: Shimano Alfine Hydraulic Hose
- Next by thread: Re: That's not katydids!