- From: "Hank Wirtz" <hank@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:29:00 -0800
"JBAFromNY" <jaweb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I got squirrelled on a (very) urban bike path. Fortunately, it leaptAgreeance. I ride to work on a paved river-side multi-use trail between 5 &
into my foot and not the wheel, then skittered away apparently
uninjured. Given the ubiquity (and temerity) of squirrels in these
parts (NYC), "trail choice" is not a risk factor that can be easily
minimized. Before I saw those photos, I hadn't really thought much of
my own encounter. Now, I realized how narrowly avoided squirrelicide.
I've also been bopped in the head by birds a couple of times.
6 am. I've got rabbits jumping out in front of me 3 or 4 times a ride. I've
never hit one, but it's been close a few times. I'm glad I have regular 32
or 36 spoke wheels.
- Prev by Date: Re: Shoes and pedals
- Next by Date: Re: air chuck, presta-schraeder, recommendations?
- Previous by thread: Re: Squirrels
- Next by thread: Re: Squirrels