Re: Who pays?

I should have qualified that remark - I am not a mechanic but don't overlook the obvious.
Dave

dave wrote:
I'd ask if the first replacement belt was tensioned properly. I've never heard of a pulsing in a perfectly good alternator cause it to lose a belt.
Dave

Viperdoc wrote:
I had no alternator problems until the mechanic doing the annual elected to change the belt because it had some wear. Until then there had been absolutely no problems with the electrical systems at all.

  • Re: 97 VW 2.0 Doesnt want to start
    ... > frozed and make the belt to lose some teeth. ... > tensioner and now is running like a baby. ... This car has 100K miles and I ...
    (rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled)
  • Re: Do cars still have fan belts?
    ... Another Dave wrote: ... In the old days I'd have said slipping fan belt - cold, ... Do cars still have belts driving the alternator? ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet
    ... this is old and bullsh!t dave. ... the guy gave her a couple hits with the ... belt (far from what i would think is a "beating") cause she kept ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: 1992 VW Passat
    ... Well maybe they have a fan belt to drive the idler ... > Hi, again, Dave. ... one the timing belt and the other positioned ... Relieved son's shop of responsibility and had it towed ...
    (rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled)
  • Re: Who pays?
    ... I'd ask if the first replacement belt was tensioned properly. ... I've never heard of a pulsing in a perfectly good alternator cause it to lose a belt. ...
    (rec.aviation.owning)