Re: Annual Off to a Good Start

Mike Spera wrote:
Probably because no "airplane parts store" (including the highly
respected discounter o'them all, Chief) carries anything but
Phillips. .stuff snipped

I'm gonna replace stainless with stainless. They are a BIT harder
and don't rust up quite as bad. Stainless to speednut has never
been a problem insofar as I know.

.other stuff snipped

Now that we have broached the subject, where do you find stainless
threaded speed nuts. There are a pile of them used on Cherokees to
hold on the wing/stabilator tips (8-32 I believe). I have never been
able to get a source.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Mike

If one of these places don't have them they probably don't exsist.

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/

http://www.mcmaster.com/ (Not Aircraft but great none the less)

  • Re: Annual Off to a Good Start
    ... Chief) carries anything but Phillips. ... I'm gonna replace stainless with stainless. ... They are a BIT harder and don't rust up quite as bad. ...
    (rec.aviation.owning)
  • Re: Annual Off to a Good Start
    ... Probably because no "airplane parts store" (including the highly respected ... Chief) carries anything but Phillips. ... I'm gonna replace stainless with stainless. ...
    (rec.aviation.owning)
  • Re: Stainless steel deck screws: Phillips or Square-Drive?
    ... For the size I want it's the same price for Phillips ... I like square-drive for most applications, ... stainless is another animal, and I don't have enough experience to know ... if possibly Phillips will work better for these deck screws. ...
    (rec.woodworking)