Help on research, re: B-24 pilot in the SW Pacific
- From: Gordon <Gordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 22:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
I am writing a war bio for a deceased airman that was rated a B-24
pilot and sent to join the 5th AF on 18 March 1943. For unknown
reasons, his records have been purged and the next five months are
blank, after which he is assigned as a C-47 pilot for the rest of the
war. He stayed in New Guinea from 1943 to VE Day, and his records
show a DFC and Air Medal awarded 9 Dec 1943, and 89 combat missions.
Does anyone have a good history for the 5th AF that might show what
action resulted in DFCs on that day? I've gone through several online
resources but none mention B-24 action that day resulting in a DFC.
- Prev by Date: Re: London can Take it
- Next by Date: Updated List 2012 Solutions Manuals, Instructor Manuals & Test Banks Collection. Largest Collection Over The Net !!
- Previous by thread: USAF: F-35B cannot generate enough sorties to replace A-10
- Next by thread: Updated List 2012 Solutions Manuals, Instructor Manuals & Test Banks Collection. Largest Collection Over The Net !!