Re: No budget to upgrade F-22s to fifth generation jet fighters
- From: Daryl Hunt <dhunt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:06:45 -0600
On Aug 22, 9:56 am, hcobb <henry.c...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:http://appropriations.house.gov/witness_testimony/DE/Mark_Shackelford...
There is also an Increment 3.3 upgrade planned, which is currently
unfunded. It includes Mode 5/S, which is the next generation
Identification Friend or Foe and advanced air-traffic control
transponder, radar auto search/auto detect, which gives automated
target cueing using fourth generation AESA radar, and a ground-moving-
Automatic situational awareness is the defining mark of the fifth
When will this upgrade to fifth generation status be funded?
Wow, just wow.
Do you come up with these things all on your own? Apparently so, you
come up yet again with your own definition of a 5th generation
fighter. What will be it next week, that a true 5th generation
fighter needs to have an automatic Margarita machine installed?
I don't know about me but I know a few pilots that just might go with that as long as includes a tall drink of Blond server it.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Rob Arndt Offends Japanese Whalers!!!
- Next by Date: Re: OT: Rob Arndt Offends Japanese Whalers!!!
- Previous by thread: Re: No budget to upgrade F-22s to fifth generation jet fighters
- Next by thread: Re: No budget to upgrade F-22s to fifth generation jet fighters