Replace Belt tensioner 2003 CTS

Hi ALL.

Need advice. Is there any trick to changing the serpetine belt
tensioner on a 2003 cadillac CTS 3.2L. Is it easier just to replace
the pulley and bearing or should I change the entire tensioner
assembly. It looks relattively easy but I wanted to know if there are
any hidden difficulties in the procedure.
Thanks

SID in Atlanta
Home of the Braves

  • You gotta love these cars!
    ... Anyway, two kids with two different AAA cards each with 100 miles of towing, and they were home by midnight with a tow bill for 12 miles. ... The idler pulley has come apart, and the resulting molten parts dripped onto the tensioner pulley and cooled and hardened. ... This car had a known weakness in the viscous couple, so I am taking the opportunity to replace it. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Replace Belt tensioner 2003 CTS
    ... Is there any trick to changing the serpetine belt ... tensioner on a 2003 cadillac CTS 3.2L. ... Is just the tensioner pulley bad, ... bearing is bad you can just replace the pulley. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Unbelievable: Belt will not fit on new tensioner!
    ... being able to get the belt over the idler pulley when I turn it clockwise to the install position. ... I never had troubles installing the belt on the old tensioner. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Replacing and adjusting the timing belt on a Mercedes E320 (1994)
    ... you must be talking about the so-called serpentine belt (pulling ... It is tensioned by a spring loaded tensioner device. ... tensioner pulley and the a/c compressor pulley. ... > The route is okay but the idler arm pulley does not seem to want to adjust. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: Belt is screeching again
    ... After getting into it, I noticed that the tensioner, and idler pulley that mounts on center of engine need replacing. ... The idler pulley is worn where the belt contacts and grease has come out of the bearing and caked on seals. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.saturn)