Replace Belt tensioner 2003 CTS

Hi ALL.

Need advice. Is there any trick to changing the serpetine belt
tensioner on a 2003 cadillac CTS 3.2L. Is it easier just to replace
the pulley and bearing or should I change the entire tensioner
assembly. It looks relattively easy but I wanted to know if there are
any hidden difficulties in the procedure.
Thanks

SID in Atlanta
Home of the Braves

  • You gotta love these cars!
    ... Anyway, two kids with two different AAA cards each with 100 miles of towing, and they were home by midnight with a tow bill for 12 miles. ... The idler pulley has come apart, and the resulting molten parts dripped onto the tensioner pulley and cooled and hardened. ... This car had a known weakness in the viscous couple, so I am taking the opportunity to replace it. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Replace Belt tensioner 2003 CTS
    ... Is there any trick to changing the serpetine belt ... tensioner on a 2003 cadillac CTS 3.2L. ... Is just the tensioner pulley bad, ... bearing is bad you can just replace the pulley. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Unbelievable: Belt will not fit on new tensioner!
    ... being able to get the belt over the idler pulley when I turn it clockwise to the install position. ... I never had troubles installing the belt on the old tensioner. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Mondy TDCi aux belt tensioner...
    ... > plate Mondy TDCi due to a knackered pulley bearing. ... Got it in local dealership now to make sure it's the tensioner ... I would say change it- having seen the carnage a disintegrating one does on a PSA 2.0 HDI (which should be changed every timing belt change) ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Replacing and adjusting the timing belt on a Mercedes E320 (1994)
    ... you must be talking about the so-called serpentine belt (pulling ... It is tensioned by a spring loaded tensioner device. ... tensioner pulley and the a/c compressor pulley. ... > The route is okay but the idler arm pulley does not seem to want to adjust. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)