Re: Car Stalls Going Uphill

On Aug 27, 5:59 pm, baja...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
My 1990 Chevy Celebrity Wagon, 3.1 stalls when going up a hill. Almost
feels like its out of gas but it isn't. *Sometimes* it will stall when
its on a level area or idleing. Trying to re-start can be a pain, but
eventually it will restart. Anyone have any ideas on what to look for
before I mess something up? BTW, the fuel pump is around a year old.
Thanks!
Jay

Does it have a carb? Float adjustment could be off.

  • Re: Car Stalls Going Uphill
    ... feels like its out of gas but it isn't. ... *Sometimes* it will stall when ... its on a level area or idleing. ... the fuel pump is around a year old. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: 1996 Grand Voyager bucks at idle in gear, but not in neutral or Park
    ... traffic light. ... I had to start it in neutral, drop it in to drive and back to neutral to get it moving so it wouldn't stall. ... It just happened so fast after filling up that I couldn't believe the gas could have gotten circulated through the system that quickly. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: Rita Log: 09/22/05.2
    ... >> Rita is also going to stall once it hits land, ... >> freeways are clogged solid and there is no gas. ...
    (rec.humor.oracle.d)
  • 1993 Tercel idles rough and stalls
    ... I have a 93 Tercel. ... but idles rough and will stall at a stop if I don?t ... constantly give it gas. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: cold weather
    ... >bit it'll switch straignt to gas, sometimes stalls though which i was ... normally that stall is caused by a delay in the gas getting through. ... deceleration (of the engine). ...
    (uk.rec.cars.fuel.lpg)