Re: research on car hinges
- From: cuhulin@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:05:06 -0500
Car/truck/van door hinges are made of cheap stuff, read that, Crap.I had
to put a lot of flat washers in the drivers side door and front
passenger side door hinges of a 1971 Chevrolet van I used to own to shim
those door hinges up.My 1978 Dodge drivers side door, it drops down
almost a whole inch when I open that door.I know about oiling those old
door hinges, but most of the old wrecks I bought before and drove around
were already mostly all worn out.
American vehicle manufacturers just do not put decent door hinges on
those vehicles.Sheesh, the old door hinges on the doors of my house
still work just as good as brand spanking new and my old house was built
- Prev by Date: Re: A/C clutch frozen..what causes this? how much to repair?
- Next by Date: Re: A/C clutch frozen..what causes this? how much to repair?
- Previous by thread: A/C clutch frozen..what causes this? how much to repair?
- Next by thread: Readiness Monitors?