Re: p1398 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L

On Mar 4, 4:20 pm, dsole...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I need some help. I recently went for Inspection and Failed with the
Trouble Code P1398. All of the research I did pointed to the
Crankshaft Position Sensor. So I replaced it. Reset the Check Engine
Light with a code scanner and then drove the Truck. a minute or so
later the Check Engine Light came back on. I hooked my scanner back
up and had the same code again. Is there another procedure that I
missed? Is there something else that I need to look at besides the
Crankshaft Position Sensor? Should I take the New one back and have
it replaced? The engine does run rough and has been suffering from
long starts.

I don't want to get rid of this truck so I'm trying to do the
necessary work to get it back in shape. Thanks in advance for any
help.

P1398 Mis-Fire Adapter Numerator at Limit (Chrysler, Jeep)

  • Re: p1398 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L
    ... Crankshaft Position Sensor. ... Reset the Check Engine ... Light with a code scanner and then drove the Truck. ... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • p1398 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L
    ... Crankshaft Position Sensor. ... Reset the Check Engine ... Light with a code scanner and then drove the Truck. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: p1398 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L
    ... Crankshaft Position Sensor. ... Reset the Check Engine ... Light with a code scanner and then drove the Truck. ... The rough running will set that code. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Help, sensor question...
    ... How old is the battery? ... cold or when engine is hot? ... If crankshaft position sensor is bad, you would not be able to start at all. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)