Do TRANSMISSION "Stop-Leak" products work?

Within the past year I had my transmission rebuilt by a friend of the
family and essentially got no kind of warranty or anything. This
person has since moved out of the area.

My truck transmission works fine as far as shifting (automatic) and
everything goes but it seems I need to add tranny fluid about 2 or 3
times per week.

My question are as follows.... Because of a severe lack of funds
getting any mechanical work done at this time, although I do realize is
the correct way to go, is just not possible.

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried any of the products
they have on the the market that "supposedly" will stop a transmission
leak, condition it etc.... Products such as Transmission HONEY and
other products of that nature...

Do they work? Have you had any success with them? If they can't stop
the leak can they at least slow it down a little?

Again.. I know there is no subsitute for good mechanical repair but
would any of these products at least help me get through the summer?

Thanks in advance.

DAVID

  • Re: I hate my 92 F150
    ... Can't find the leak. ... However, my tank is very low, and it's a lot less ... wet under there than it was before. ... hose-to-nowhere, I noticed the transmission is leaking, front and back. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Transmission help
    ... 1998 Rodeo LS 165,000 mile. ... While traveling, my transmission started slipping, and had an obvious ... tube that had a leak. ... overnight it leaked off a significant amount of fluid. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Do TRANSMISSION "Stop-Leak" products work?
    ... they have on the the market that "supposedly" will stop a transmission ... leak, condition it etc.... ... Transmissions normally began to leak as the seals or gaskets get old and ... fluid drips onto the surface and then take a close look in the area above ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: 91 Explorer 4x4 Auto Trans leak
    ... I had to pry the heat shield away from the transmission in order to ... So far as I've been able to tell my leak seems to be coming from the torque ... converter housing so I'm suspecting a front seal leak. ... I read somewhere that a clogged vent tube can cause leaks from the seals but ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer)
  • Re: 2000 Accord Trans Fluid Leak
    ... But now it's leaking transmission fluid, ... He's torn the trans out of the car, ... anything to do with a possible transmission leak now. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)