Re: How long should tie rods last?
- From: "Shep" <djsljsrn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:20:20 -0500
Agreed, maybe an alignment was done at one time.
"Huw" <hedydd[nospam]@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Chuk Goodin" <cgoodin@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:53:12 -0500, "Shep" <djsljsrn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>Break or wear out??
>> Seems like the threads were stripped and it came loose. No one was hurt
>> (it was in a parking lot), but is there somewhere I can find some kind of
>> "official lifespan" of parts like this?
> Then the car has been severely curbed or the tierod was not tightened
> properly [which should be spotted at a regular service if it was an
> original part]. Threads do not spontaneously strip and require great force
> to do so.
----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
- Prev by Date: Re: Down with Sylvania
- Next by Date: Re: How long should tie rods last?
- Previous by thread: Re: How long should tie rods last?
- Next by thread: Re: How long should tie rods last?