Re: Is Nascar the fastest auto race?

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" <moleski@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:6detk15o9jnil6f4f635duogf41beuj05g@xxxxxxx:

> "The McLaren F1 has obliterated the production road car record
> achieving a new official top speed of 240mph/387km'h at the VW
> Ehra-Lessien proving ground in Germany.

You're a tad out of date here (like 10 years). Currently the
fastest road car is the Bugatti 16.4, at 253mph, also run on
the VW test track.

BTW, you and SG are sort of comparing apples to oranges; the
McLaren & Bugatti speeds are measured mile, not lap.

John

  • Re: Is Nascar the fastest auto race?
    ... >> "The McLaren F1 has obliterated the production road car record ... >McLaren & Bugatti speeds are measured mile, ... straighaways and turn 220 lap times on an oval. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated)
  • Re: Is Nascar the fastest auto race?
    ... probably not going to go at 1993 record-setting speeds ... "The McLaren F1 has obliterated the production road car record achieving a new ... breaking speed was independently verified by a team of VW technicians. ... Whilst the straights stretch out into the distance ...
    (rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated)
  • Re: Road car faster than F1 car?
    ... but for my purposes let's say "faster = quicker round a GP circuit on ... Not unless the road car has considerable downforce and one is unlikely to ... Even with similar downforce the power to weight ratio of the F1 ... Even if it becomes cheap to achieve F1 speeds, ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)