Re: DC's view of enclosing F1 cockpits
- From: mower man <nospam@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:51:08 +0100
Ray O'Hara wrote:
"Emma" <Emma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:GolLHIQuivbKFAJf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShevek <shevek99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:APLer escribió:They manage to cope with such problems in races such as Le Mans, why not in F1?"Paul-B" <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote inBut, how do you clean the oil and other particles that dhere to it? You can remove the film as in a helmet. What if it rains?
LeMans racers have large cockpits and winndscreens with wipers.
an F1 cr is a might small.
Read Graham Hill's "Life at the Limit' sbout tests with single seater enclosed cockpits, they tried it and didn't like it.
It would make more sense to have a roll cage and NASCAR style webbing - but I doubt that a coil spring would have much trouble penetrating that either. This was a freak occurence IMO.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- Prev by Date: Re: BMW out?
- Next by Date: Re: BMW announce F1 pull out
- Previous by thread: Re: DC's view of enclosing F1 cockpits
- Next by thread: Re: DC's view of enclosing F1 cockpits