Re: Recommended Mileage for Timing Belt Replacement?

ACAR <dimndsonmywndshld@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:8f91fb3b-9791-4d6a-b709-
9a2a503a7043@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On Feb 23, 12:49 pm, Tegger <inva...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
snip

But the cost to fix bent valves can double the cost of the belt job, so
there's not a lot of economic sense in trying to extend the belt-change
interval.

unless the car is a rust bucket, not worth the cost of a timing belt
replacement.

I realized--after I replied--that I should have included that factor.

If you don't care if the car dies, there's no point in spending anything on
it outside of the bare minimum. My old '76 Dodge Coronet was in the "don't
care" category, so I'm quite familiar with that concept.

not all of us are emotionally attached to our cars

You mean me personally? I'm nuts, I know. But even nuts has its limits;
I'll eventually let the 'Teg go, one of these days.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/