Re: D16 << Cylinder head STUCK to block
- From: "Guy Pelchat" <gpelchat@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:26:07 GMT
"TeGGeR®" <tegger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Crystal <crystal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
I removed all head studs, belts and even removed the cam and the head
still won't come off. I even went as far as beating it with a plastic
mallet - doesn't move a hair. Removed still the entire intake manifold
with no progress. Sprayed the hell out of the seam with PB blaster. Not
breaking free. Any ideas?
One common trick is to feed lots of rope down the #1 or #4 cylinder's
plug hole with the piston part way down, then crank it over by hand. The
piston compresses the rope, then (theoretically) levers the head off. If
cranking it by hand doesn't work, operate the starter motor.
It's possible somebody used sealant at the last gasket change, or
is holding everything together,
The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I use compressed air .
- Prev by Date: Re: fully sinthetic oil, how frequently change?
- Next by Date: Re: Another $1300 to fix my '90 Civic :^(
- Previous by thread: Re: D16 << Cylinder head STUCK to block
- Next by thread: Re: D16 << Cylinder head STUCK to block