1987 honda civic - oil in radiator

after having broken timing belt fixed, head rebuilt, axles replaced and now
the latest. Me and friend needed to replace the pcv valve and when we
finally found it, it took us quite a while and we replaced the oil pan
gasket in the process. We then noticed a leak, just a few drops. In
checking it out, it appears to be oil in my radiator. I drove the car
home and checked the trans and the oil, neither appear to have water in
them. The only reason I checked the trans was, I am use to the old cars
with automatics having the trans lines running through the bottom of the
radiator. Does anyone have any idea why and how oil could get into the
radiator. Pleassssse help, thank you

  • Re: I am an idiot, can you help? (Motor oil in my coolant tank)
    ... did you put the stuff right into the radiator or into the ... after you added it to the reservoir) and then didn't drive the car, ... where they can and do get oil on the outside of 'em. ... the explanation of why you mix antifreeze and water instead of using ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Brand New Radiator?
    ... cap because the seal on it wasn't good, I knew it wasn't that simple. ... thermostat is fine and the actual radiator tank doesn't seem to be ... Before you start the car, ... see if the oil looks like oil, or whether it looks like a milky emulsion. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Pug 205. Repair worth it?
    ... Great little car, I'll get it ... connector for thermal switch on right hand side of radiator. ... but oil. ... Last fuel filter I did was on my Orion 1.6i, ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Brand New Radiator?
    ... Well, about three or four days ago, I noticed that the overflow tank was ... thermostat is fine and the actual radiator tank doesn't seem to be ... Before you start the car, ... see if the oil looks like oil, or whether it looks like a milky emulsion. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Overheated 2.5L Mazda
    ... I also have a small leak from the radiator but nothing so bad, ... >the overheating. ... bubbles in the radiator, oil in the radiator, milky oil, external oil leaks ... By the way, it is not a good idea to run a car with a leaking cooling system, ...
    (rec.autos.tech)