Oil change frequency for highway mileage?

Hello. I own a 2003 Accord 4-cyl and wondering what, if any
difference, having mostly highway mileage on my car does to the
frequency needed for my oil change? The manual recommends every 5,000
miles/6 months. Does the fact that at least 75% of my mileage comes
from non-stop interstate highway travel at speeds of 70 mph help or
hurt me in terms of oil change frequency? Of course, with the long
commute every day, I get to 5,000 miles before 6 months, and thus not
only do I spend a ton in gas, but it seems I have to get my oil changed
every 4 months or so, which costs more money. Any thoughts and input
are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Amp

  • Re: Oil change frequency for highway mileage?
    ... having mostly highway mileage on my car does to the ... > hurt me in terms of oil change frequency? ... hint of engine wear at nearly 160K miles. ... get a new car. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)
  • Re: Oil change frequency for highway mileage?
    ... having mostly highway mileage on my car does to the ... > hurt me in terms of oil change frequency? ... You can go 10,000 miles. ... can do almost anything to a car for 50,000 miles. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)
  • Re: Oil change frequency for highway mileage?
    ... having mostly highway mileage on my car does to the ... > hurt me in terms of oil change frequency? ... How long do you want to keep the car? ... WHY IRAQ?: http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gwbush/remindus.html ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)
  • Re: Oil change frequency for highway mileage?
    ... having mostly highway mileage on my car does to the frequency needed for my oil change? ... The manual recommends every 5,000 miles/6 months. ... Does the fact that at least 75% of my mileage comes from non-stop interstate highway travel at speeds of 70 mph help or hurt me in terms of oil change frequency? ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)
  • Re: accord vs jetta vs camry
    ... matching their Honda and Toyota competitors for fuel efficiency. ... I have a '93 Accord ... of many other automatic Accords like mine getting similar mileage. ... perhaps the current Accord can get better highway mileage than EPA says. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)