Re: Solved Coolant Leak: Lower Intake Manifold Gasket

Bars Leaks???? Are you serious???? Yes, it does seal leaks... just as
advertised.....

Did you know that, to Bars Leaks, your heater core "looks" like a leak? Pray
for a warm winter....

You have some of the ideas, but you haven't done enough thinking....

Do all of the major auto manufacturers put stop leak in their cooling
systems? Yes....... Why? Well, to keep them from leaking.... Is this a
premanent solution? No.... The manufacturer adds stop leak to the cooloing
system in an effort to make any cooling system leaks not be evident until
after the warranty expires.... Additives are NOT a repair but are merely a
stop gap measure.... You are welcome to them but please refrain from
considering yourself an expert....

In my nearly 40 years in this business, some of my most profitable jobs have
been the result of DIY efforts gone wrong.... If something is leaking, the
only reliable course of action is a proper repair.... In your case, the leak
hasn't stopped... it has been "postponed"....

FWIW, Bars Leaks has been around for many, many years... other temporary
coolant leak "fixes" include smokeless tobacco, ground black pepper, eggs,
and several other day to day products.... None of them are a lasting repair
and many come with "baggage" that will usually be seen in increased repair
costs when the product finally cannot deliver....