Re: Compaq JBL Pro speakers - need to know polarity of power supply
- From: "DaveJ" <davej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:34:14 +0100
"Larry Dawson" <ldawson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> My wife purchased these speakers at a garage sale and of course didn't
> get the power supply. Radio Shack has a 12volt/1Amp replacement. I've
> got the plug narrowed down to Radio Shack's "M", but need to know the
> polarity of the speakers. It isn't stamped anywhere on them. I assume
> it is - ---C .--- +. If anyone has these speakers can you confirm this
> for me?
> Thanks for your help.
I have a pair of these (came with a Compaq 7471 system a few years ago).
They are tall curvy beige things with grey speaker cloth, approx 10" x 4" x
4" (thinner at the top), sticker on bottom of the powered one with serial
number and a 'replace with spare 401508-001', with a headphone output on the
If they are the same ones, my power supply is 12v 1amp centre positive (part
number SAM03T, model HKA-12100EC-230 - UK 3-pin wall wart). hth
- Prev by Date: Re: how to best link mp3 DVD to PA
- Next by Date: Help! Yamaha RX-V690 problem.
- Previous by thread: Wtd. Manual/schematic for Pandora "Time Line" delay unit
- Next by thread: Help! Yamaha RX-V690 problem.