Repairing Sony Pro walkman WM-D6C

I think I've blown the speed controller chip on my Walkman. I inadvertently (and stupidly) connected power with the polarity reversed and it started running at just over double speed! I've inexpensively sourced a type CX20084 chip, which I believe is usually the cure for this problem?

I am wondering whether I can replace the chip myself but I don't have a service manual and have no idea where the chip is located or how to dismantle the unit to get to it. Any suggestions?

Thanks John

--
John Bennett johndotbennettatsmartemaildotcodotuk
.