Repairing Sony Pro walkman WM-D6C

I think I've blown the speed controller chip on my Walkman. I inadvertently (and stupidly) connected power with the polarity reversed and it started running at just over double speed! I've inexpensively sourced a type CX20084 chip, which I believe is usually the cure for this problem?

I am wondering whether I can replace the chip myself but I don't have a service manual and have no idea where the chip is located or how to dismantle the unit to get to it. Any suggestions?

Thanks John

--
John Bennett johndotbennettatsmartemaildotcodotuk

  • Re: Repairing Sony Pro walkman WM-D6C
    ... I am wondering whether I can replace the chip myself but I don't ... Google on Zoom digital recorder ... I only use the Pro Walkman for transferring the odd music cassette to the ... replaced that with the walkman when the Nakamichi started to fail. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Repairing Sony Pro walkman WM-D6C
    ... I am wondering whether I can replace the chip myself but I don't ... Google on Zoom digital recorder ... For years I used a 3 head Nakamichi BX 300E for recording and playback but replaced that with the walkman when the Nakamichi started to fail. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Repairing Sony Pro walkman WM-D6C
    ... John Bennett wrote: ... inadvertently connected power with the polarity reversed ... I am wondering whether I can replace the chip myself but I don't have a ... C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis." ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Repairing Sony Pro walkman WM-D6C
    ... inadvertently connected power with the polarity ... I am wondering whether I can replace the chip myself but I don't ... I never worked on the Professional Walkman, ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Repairing Sony Pro walkman WM-D6C
    ... "Arny Krueger" wrote in message ... inadvertently connected power with the polarity reversed and it started running at just over double speed! ... I've inexpensively sourced a type CX20084 chip, which I believe is usually the cure for this problem? ... I am wondering whether I can replace the chip myself but I don't have a service manual and have no idea where the chip is located or how to dismantle the unit to get to it. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)