Re: Do you use a hardware compressor/limiter for initial vocal tracks?

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Stuart Richards <sjr101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

This was the noise reduction system that 3M developed back in the early
1970s. I can't remember what they called it.

Was it Dynatrack?

No, that's another one I'd forgotten about! Dynatrack recorded everything
twice, one at a reduced level and then on an adjacent track at an elevated
level. Then it had a magic box that switched between the two tracks on
the fly based upon the level of the lower track.

Hmm. I've been searching for it and I can't find any others. Are you sure
the system you have in mind was developed by 3M?
.