Re: Problem with Audacity 1.3.8 (Unicode)

"CJB" wrote...
I have a Toshiba Qomio G30.
I have Audacity 1.3.8 (and also an earlier version). I can record from
say an audio streaming website using the setting for 'Stereo Mix' with
'S/W Play Through' de-clicked. (With this clicked I get echoes.)

However I cannot record using Behringr U-Control UCA202 device.

I have a tape player with a line out port. I connect this to the input
of the U-Control. I make sure that the volume o/p on both is set to
minimal. I connect the USB o/p of the U-Control to a USB port on the
laptop.

Then I start up Audacity. I select 'S/W Play Through' and 'Line In'
then click on Record then slowly bring up the volume levels of the
tape player and U-Control until both are at maximum - but then -
nothing. It Audacity refuses to record the audio input.

"Line In" is some (real or imaginary) analog input to the sound card.
It is NOT any kind of USB device (like the U-Control dongle, etc.)
Unless you have a source connected to the computer analog Line In
connector, I would expect it to behave exactly as you describe.

Somewhere you must select the USB gadget, NOT "Line In".

  • Re: Problem with Audacity 1.3.8 (Unicode)
    ... I have Audacity 1.3.8. ... However I cannot record using Behringr U-Control UCA202 device. ... I select 'S/W Play Through' and 'Line In' ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: USB Web Cam w/built in mic on XP Home/SP3
    ... In Stereo Mixer/Aux modes Audacity registers a red input line but does not record sound and does not show the tapping on the input monitor but I can hear clicking noises when I start/stop record process and some sound (open line noise. ... Device Manager tells me I have Composite USB support as well as enhanced USB support ... and select a Sound Recording device first. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Ask EU: Audcap
    ... Audacity is a free download anyway, so on its own it's not a selling ... The implication that the gubbins works with audacity (rather than some ... This unit just a simple USB "soundcard", ... I have a laptop whose only input is a mic socket ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Problem_with_Audacity_=AE_1=2E3=2E8_=28Unicode=29?=
    ... I have Audacity 1.3.8. ... However I cannot record using Behringr U-Control UCA202 device. ... I connect the USB o/p of the U-Control to a USB port on the ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: USB Web Cam w/built in mic on XP Home/SP3
    ... I show no USB device in Control Panel/Sounds Audio Device Properties, ... does Audacity recognize USB device. ... Audio Device Properties. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)