Re: microphone shocks
- From: "yrret" <bat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 01:47:31 -0500
"Don Pearce" <spam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 01:15:19 -0500, "yrret" <bat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Well actually I do. Or more to the point my lips do.
Over the past few years I've been noticing a pattern. I am always getting
zapped by the microphone. This has been in a variety of clubs and
spaces. It also involves different amps, all less then ten years old.
Whats been the same is myself, the guitar, and perhaps the main patch
A planet waves brand with a button that shorts the circuit for muting.
also replaced the pickups in the guitar in the past. A bass player who
plays with me never complains of shock.
It occurs as I write this I should try another cord for awhile. But I
wonder if a possible mis-wiring in the guitar would make it prone to being
shock hazard. And better if anyone could point out what this kind of
mis-wiring would look like.
You never get shocked by microphones.
You get shocked by the mis-wiredWell not that I disagree, its just that in my case there has now been a
mains-powered equipment it is plugged into.
great variety of equipment involved in my discomfort.
Alternatively, if you getWell thats what I've read so far. But I have many guitar amps, of different
the shock only while touching the guitar metalwork, it may be that the
guitar amp (not the guitar) is mis-wired.
brands. Solid state and tube. And my lips still suffer.
Either way get it fixedYes I would. If I knew what to fix.
before you kill somebody. Don't even think of just "trying anotherYou didn't actually have any insight to share did you? Thats okay we all
cord". It is now public knowledge that you are aware of the safety
hazard, and these postings will become evidence at your manslaughter
need to rant out, good for the soul.
- Prev by Date: Re: microphone shocks
- Next by Date: Re: microphone shocks
- Previous by thread: Re: microphone shocks
- Next by thread: Re: microphone shocks