Re: RIP Stephen St. Croix

Over the years that I have been using the Paris system, I have befriended a
number of folks who knew him well.

I did not know him personally.

The following text was clipped from an e-mail that was sent by Steven's wife
to a mutual friend and forwarded to me last Sunday to be shared where
appropriate.
Steven died in his sleep early this morning after a couple of truly
peaceful days. He woke once, Thursday evening, and found himself
surrounded by friends and family. He talked sleepily with all of us,
understood he was deeply loved, and told us he had been flying in a
wonderful and amazing place without pain. He woke again early Friday
morning and was as clear, strong, and aware as he had been in his
healthiest days. He told me he had been in "a place beautiful beyond
my life," told me he wanted to die and go back there, and fell into a
final sleep.

The world is a poorer place without him. Please carry him in your
thoughts, hearts, and prayers.

Thank you all for being there for him and for me.
Teresa

The description of his las few hours is an inspiration.

RIP

"Walt" <walt_askier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ty Ford wrote:

Raise a glass and drink one down.

What happend? Any details?

I haven't read him in years, but when I used to get Mix his column was
always the first thing I'd read.

//Walt

  • Re: doubts and inspiration
    ... > Jackson Pillock wrote: ... >> blah, blah, blah." ... last night I couldn't sleep. ... down as soon as he woke up. ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: Ya know? (ot)
    ... I woke up Saturday night/Sunday morning sometime hearing squealing tires ... Mister Professional Driver went ... to sleep going 80 or 90 and woke up just in time to keep us from ... I simply will not drive if I'm sleepy. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Only One Purpose - To Kill
    ... Sleep well tonight....RD (The Sandman) ... If you woke up this morning.... ... And they will be replace with pro gun control folks. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Not everybody needs to be asked prior to each insertion
    ... He woke up and slipped her another length, ... THAT'S when she cried rape. ... sleep and he thought he'd have another go while she snored. ... he's a cunt he's going to be found guilty. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: What are*you* wearing today?
    ... THE FIRST TGIF OF NOVEMBER 2005: Woke up about 6:30, ... wouldn't get back to sleep. ... Checked E-mail and such, then headed off ...
    (alt.fashion)