Re: Possible to Replace Factory Videotape Player With DVD Player?

clemke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
2003 Ford Windstar has a vhs tape player by Autovision that fits in and
quick connects to a floor mounted console. The video is displayed on an
overhead drop-down screen. This was Ford's factory instaled
entertainment system. We would like to move on to a DVD player, but
Autovision does not have an upgrade path to a DVD player for this
system.

Could an aftermarket DVD player be used instead? I realize that the
quick connect functionality would be lost, but could an installer at
least utilize the floor console to hold the aftermarket DVD player and
feed the video to the factory screen and audio output jacks?

Uh... "probably". :)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0618-3, 05/05/2006
Tested on: 5/7/2006 5:28:40 AM

  • Re: Possible to Replace Factory Videotape Player With DVD Player?
    ... quick connects to a floor mounted console. ... entertainment system. ... Autovision does not have an upgrade path to a DVD player for this ... feed the video to the factory screen and audio output jacks? ...
    (rec.audio.car)
  • Possible to Replace Factory Videotape Player With DVD Player?
    ... 2003 Ford Windstar has a vhs tape player by Autovision that fits in and ... quick connects to a floor mounted console. ... Autovision does not have an upgrade path to a DVD player for this ... feed the video to the factory screen and audio output jacks? ...
    (rec.audio.car)
  • Re: What format camcorder do you use at WDW?
    ... I do know I'm not blown away by the blu-ray disc we burned, was hoping it would look even better. ... Both images will be true HD quality, but yours will actually result in more data being stored on the tape because MPEG2 compression is not as efficient as AVCHD. ... Video compression algorithms simply look for redundant or "easily summarized" information in the video frames, and then instead of recording every pixel, they "summarize" that info into just a few pixels. ... There really is no way to write a DVD that is readable in a standard DVD player that will be of HD quality simply because standard DVD players don't understand anything other than 480 resolution. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: cant review pics
    ... but the JPGs viewed from both the camera and the CD are both static. ... All I can think of is that the camera's video output bypasses much ... The jpg files were copied to the CD as data ... It is probably just due to a DVD player with a lousy JPEG decoder function. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Media Receivers for TV Display of Photos and Videos
    ... the only way I see to do it is to get a video card for your ... > displaying photos and showing video. ... I was able to play jpg's on the ... the dvd player. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)