Time Warner may lose FOX broadcasting?
- From: EGK <me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:28:32 -0500
I'm seeing messages and links on the web about this lately. FOX programming
may supposedly go dark on TW cable channels. I even got a email message
about it from TW this morning. Without mentioning FOX specifically, TW
talked about how networks wanting a 300% increase over previous contracts
was too much. Especially in this economy.
My question is what ever happened to the so-called "must carry" rule? If
cable affiliates are required to carry "local" channels in a viewing area,
wouldn't that prevent them from dropping FOX stations in most areas?
- Prev by Date: Re: Thread drift
- Next by Date: Re: 11 Most Disappointing TV Shows of the 2000s
- Previous by thread: Showcase gets complete new Jan sched; hodgepodge of US cable shows, check it out (too many to list in subject)
- Next by thread: Re: Time Warner may lose FOX broadcasting?