Scary Digital Television scenario

According to this article:
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003790131

27 different TV stations in North Carolina will all air the same Digital TV
infomercial this Saturday night, 7:30pm.

Can you imagine being one of those 8 or 9 people that is home watching TV on
Saturday night with only over-the-air reception? Those poor people are
going to feel like they have entered the Twilight Zone when every station
they tune to is playing the same government supported broadcast.

  • Re: FoSCL: campaign to restore services between Clitheroe and Hellifield
    ... nearest stations on the WCML. ... country roads that are over-optimistic for roads in the area under ... I would imagine the proportion of car ownership is fairly high, ... much choice in rural areas. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Scary Digital Television scenario
    ... 27 different TV stations in North Carolina will all air the same Digital TV infomercial this Saturday night, ... Can you imagine being one of those 8 or 9 people that is home watching TV on Saturday night with only over-the-air reception? ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: FoSCL: campaign to restore services between Clitheroe and Hellifield
    ... nearest stations on the WCML. ... country roads that are over-optimistic for roads in the area under ... and I can?t imagine they?re any harder to access than Dent. ... these towns at all well. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Confession Time
    ... stations in the Irish Republic are still using analogue but they too ... switch off for ever at 10 am. ... but I imagine a lot of people here do. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Oyster cards and ONE railway
    ... entire 'one' network, its supposed to be Jan 2008, whatever day the NR ... fare rises occur I imagine. ... my concern was intermediate stations from Walthamstow to Liverpool St ...
    (uk.transport.london)