Top 10 Stories of the 2006-7 TV Season...(Part 4)
- From: brian henke <cincy43235@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:44:55 -0700
Due to the coverage of the Chris Benoit tragedy, I have been unable
to do the Top 10 Stories of the 2006-7 season. But now, here is Part
7. Bob Barker comes on down to retirement
He has been a fixture to millions and millions of TV viewers since
the late 1950s. But for 35 of those years, he gave away thousands of
cars, trips and other fantastic prizes to thousands of lucky
contestants on The Price of Right. In fall of 2006, Barker announced
he would retire at the end of this season. On June 15, his final show
aired twice; at its normal 11 a.m. slot and then in prime time, as
lead-in to the Daytime Emmy Awards (Barker won two, making his
lifetime total 19). The final Showcase winner won $140,235 in prizes.
TPIR producers haven't named a successor yet. Remember: always have
your pets spayed and neutered.
8. The View from here: Rosie causes a stir
Any male (like me) doesn't care about what happens on the View, but
the ABC daytime show created controversy this year. First, Star Jones
Reynolds was shown the door. Then Rosie O'Donnell came along, and the
one-time Queen of Nice was anything but, attacking organized
Christianity, Donald Trump (Raw parodied their feud with look-a-likes
wrestling each other - the real Trump showed up later), the terrorist
attacks of 9/11, and so much more. Rosie announced she was leaving,
but prematurely left when she and fellow View host Elisabeth
Hasselbeck had a blow-up on the air; Rosie left the following day.
Next: Numbers 9 and 10.
Cincy43235@xxxxxxx - RATV's pro wrestling ambassador
"Your new American Idol." - David Letterman
He's a monster. He loves flowers. See Henry's Garden!
- Prev by Date: Re: Emmy finalists list leakes onto internet
- Next by Date: Re: Looking for episodes of CW Series "SMALLVILLE"
- Previous by thread: Wrestling news: Benoit doctor charged, Raw-new I-C champ, taping
- Next by thread: Composite Pool