Re: Fox 5 Closed Captions never show "never"

In article <1156884217.737904.83850@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Blue" <bluegi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anim8rFSK wrote:
In article <1156881475.168694.269490@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
I'm betting it's this new automated system they seem to be using. USA
misses almost ever number, and always misses every '4' -- on The 4400,
every time anybody SAYS 'the 4400' which is like every 2 minutes, you
get the dashes, or 'the --hundred' or something. The FOX system
probably isn't picking up the word 'never' for some reason.

Damn. Now you've made me launch a conspiracy theory. I'd never thought
about this, but why would these systems skip '4' and 'never'? I wonder
if it's cause they sound sort of like curse words, and the software is
tweaked to put in dashes if there's any doubt what it's saying.

If it's automated, then I have 2 additional problems. Since the
captions are added prior to the actual broadcast, I would think that if
there's some degree of inaccuracy invloved, someone would review it.
There "should" be some threshold built in that gets someone to notice
so many errors in one show.

You'd think, but since the 4400 gets the name of the show wrong dozens
of times an hour, I'd say there's not.

Secondly, I've also noticed that the actual spoken dialog sometimes
differes from the closed captions, so I have to assume these are built
from a script prior to the taping of the show where actors may alter
the dialog as they see fit. So if it comes from a script, probably
electronic in nature, there should be no conflict or doubt.

Conspiracy is my guess. I wonder what other words are excluded like
this.

There are different methods of doing it, and, yes, sometimes they work
from scripts and you get the differences you noted.

google, google, google . .

aha! This is interesting. The BBC does in fact have an automated voice
recognition CC system, so they are out there. They have somebody
respeak all the lines though because it doesn't do as well with multiple
voices.

  • Re: Fragen an MacSOUP-Kenner
    ... > aktuelleren Artikeln klappt). ... Default-Browser einen Suchbefehl mit der MID für Google Groups. ... | No responsibility is taken for any damage caused by this script. ... | 0.2 First Try was by far too complicated, ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.internet)
  • Re: seo uk
    ... On every generated page there was a link to chembuddy and to the main script page. ... Knowing Google behaviors I have never expected the script to be deeply indexed, however, I was interested what will happen to the PR of the main script page. ... http://www.chembuddy.com - chemical calculators for labs and education ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: crontab last day shell script
    ... Why in the name of Socrates' stained toga do search engines not ... was a rather simple script for executing some task (the ... I am really feeling google groups' usability is ... half the posts are "collapsed" and I have to go through and expand them. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: From one queue to another!!!!! What an American nightmare!!!
    ... such advertisement at the moment are google and msn. ... To attract revenue ... that this guys script assigns titles like Junior Member to our aliases ... cheats like these employ to scam money out of google and msn, ...
    (misc.immigration.usa)