Re: Y&R Wedding Pet Peeve

"Queenie" <coasterqueen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3dtjp1ln0dtpt1if1ikugo6a73hoc8b659@xxxxxxxxxx
> Or they are shopping online. The last two weddings I attended, the
> bride was registered at Macy's. I went online, pulled up their wish
> list on the Bridal Registry, and they sent the gift to their homes.

Or in the case of the last wedding DD went to, they were registered at Home
Depot.

Don't think you can convince my mother to shop online. But she is fine with
mailing the couple a check before the wedding.

Especially in the case of couples who already have established households
before the marriage, having several people giving them enough cash to buy a
new mattress is actually a pretty good thing.

~~Judy

  • Re: Determining Win XP vs. Classic styles
    ... in Luna are default, silver and olive, but in the Registry ... I found online, it looks like ... > I had seen something online about DllName indicating ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Information on How to Register to become a potential bone marrow donor
    ... Fill out the online consent form ... life perspective, I lived each day to its fullest. ... is an unrelated donor match. ... registry and particularly those of under represented backgrounds. ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)
  • Re: OT Gift Cards Warning
    ... Then brides started mentioning their registry in their invitations. ... Now we have baby registries and anniversary registries and birthday registries and whatever else, and people assume that all possible gift-giving occasions are an opportunity to manipulate the generous impulses of others and recruit them as their own personal shoppers. ... I was utterly appalled when I saw a letter in an advice column from a mother whose child had gone to a birthday party, bringing as a gift a toy he had picked out and wrapped for the birthday child. ... As are the people who are convinced that they are "owed" a wedding present that at least equals in value the cost of a plate at their wedding reception. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • Re: Timelimited software
    ... You can just check the date of a few files, e.g. the dates of the registry ... You can also check an online TIME server, but only if your system is online ... you can provide a link to any online vendor, and once paid, the ... > windows should not work. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Registry software
    ... Yeah - the online one still works. ... I made a backup of my registry. ... Some scanners are more efficient than others, ... report them but it doesn't. ...