Re: AFAL travel is only 300 years away
- From: Jack Tingle <wjtingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:15:00 -0500
On 1/31/2010 12:51 PM, Mike Ash wrote:
No more or less plausible than any other
unscientific space drive. Just as FTL doesn't fit with currently known
physics, nor does an AFAL drive.
Not true. An AFAL drive using a transmitter and receiver is certainly possible, as another poster noted. It doesn't violate any known laws of physics. It's certainly nothing we could tackle with today's technology, but it doesn't obviously cause gibbering fits among the technoscenti.
The problem is the lack of technology to do such a thing, and whether it would seem plausible to the bulk of readers. You vote no.
- Prev by Date: Re: AFAL travel is only 300 years away
- Next by Date: Re: Starting with Le Guin
- Previous by thread: Re: AFAL travel is only 300 years away
- Next by thread: YASID: soldier from future war