Re: This may be a silly question but...
- From: Butch Malahide <fred.galvin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 13, 8:55 am, Tim.Bate...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
(Tina_H...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tina Hall)):
How about whatever would say: "I think not/can't think, therefore I
I'll try: Non cogito, ergo spameo' (or whatever declension 'spam' is
in Latin, as per Dorothy supra.
No, declension is for nouns. "Nouns must be declined, verbs should be
I'm now wondering what the Latin equivalent of 'I spam' actually would
be; one might have to translate some cumbersome phrase such as 'I send
strangers messages which they neither requested nor want.'
Like I'm doing right here? That definition might need tightening up.
Oh, the Roman was a rogue,
He erat was, you bettum;
He ran his automobilis
And smoked his cigarettum;
He wore a diamond studibus
And elegant cravattum,
A maxima cum laude shirt,
And a stylish hattum!
[. . .]
- Prev by Date: Re: This may be a silly question but...
- Next by Date: Re: Socialism in SF
- Previous by thread: Re: This may be a silly question but...
- Next by thread: Re: Grandpa, What Were Churches Like?