Re: Earth Abides, by George R Stewart
- From: "Dan Goodman" <dsgood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 21 Mar 2008 03:57:01 GMT
Steven L. wrote:
Just finished this SF Masterworks, which I picked up in the
library, having never read it. Wow! Great book, huge ideas and
still very, very fresh even though written in the 1950's. One of
those books that will stay with me, and possible the best
post-apocalyptic novel I've read.
I loved it too.
With its treatment of ecological balance issues and sociological
issues, it was way ahead of its time.
On the other hand, notice its treatment of race.
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Expire
mirror 1: http://dsgood.insanejournal.com
mirror 2: http://dsgood.wordpress.com
- Prev by Date: Re: Borders up for sale?
- Next by Date: Re: Earth Abides, by George R Stewart
- Previous by thread: Re: Earth Abides, by George R Stewart
- Next by thread: Re: Earth Abides, by George R Stewart