Re: How careful/private are you?
- From: cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx (Chris Adams)
- Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 22:46:39 -0500
Once upon a time, Matt Ion <soundy106@xxxxxxxxx> said:
A local radio talk show had a segment about security in online shopping
a while back; one caller said he simply keeps a separate CC with a $200
limit to use for online shopping - that way, even if someone does scam
it, the loss is minimal.
MBNA (and now I guess Bank of America) credit cards have this feature
built in. You can go on their website (or download a Windows app IIRC)
and create a temporary credit card number, with a specified dollar limit
and expiration date.
The purchases show up on your bill just like "regular" purchases on your
normal card number (there may be a note or additional info that shows
the temp number).
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.
- Prev by Date: Re: How careful/private are you?
- Next by Date: Re: OT: Terminator SF? (was Re: Excuses to watch B5 again
- Previous by thread: Re: How careful/private are you?
- Next by thread: Re: How careful/private are you?