Re: Original, Original "Star Wars" Trilogy Finally Coming to DVD

On Sun, 7 May 2006 02:42:36 -0400, Joseph DeMartino wrote
(in article <1146958812.932009.241680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

Can't believe there hasn't been a thread on this topic over here:

http://tinyurl.com/mgt9u

George Lucas has finally caved and announced the "There! I hope you're
happy. Now leave me the **** alone" edition of the first three films
released in his fabled "Star Wars" series. <<

Joe, how much do you know about this side of it? What I'd heard was that it
was being done without his sanction - that Fox was just going ahead and
saying "To hell with him." I assumed maybe he doesn't have the studio clout
he used to have, and they figured they ought to take advantage of that while
they could.

I'd love to have them, but I have to decide whether it's worth the $90
investment ($30 per film).

Amy

  • Paramount Pictures waves the flag for G.I. Joe
    ... In a highly atypical marketing campaign, ... Paramount Pictures gave the movie its homeland premiere at the base ... Launching the film to a military audience is just one part of a highly ... Joe" is embedded in the Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd concert ...
    (soc.culture.cambodia)
  • Re: G.I. Joe pulls in $22.3 million
    ... The Rise of Cobra" accomplished its mission Friday in ... posting the highest opening for an August non-sequel with a remarkable $22.3 ... A FILM FOR FLYOVER COUNTRY: ... Joe' Breaks August Record ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • GI Joe not avalivable for critics
    ... I don't care how Paramount spins this, that means the film sucks huge donkey dong. ... Joe: The Rise of Cobra" opens Friday, but Paramount Pictures isn't screening the blockbuster for critics beforehand. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: AFS FAQ - 3K no longer correct
    ... George Lucas had many constraints to contend with when making the original ... I've always been embarrassed by this film. ... However, on May 3, 2006, Lucasfilm announced on the official Star Wars site that due to "overwhelming demand," the original versions would be released on DVD on September 12, 2006. ... The laserdisc releases utilized the PCM format for the stereo soundtrack, while the DVDs contain the more compressed Dolby Digital 2.0 format. ...
    (alt.fan.starwars)
  • "G.I. Joe" set to smash box office records!
    ... A FILM FOR FLYOVER COUNTRY: ... Joe' Breaks August Record ... Paramount's claims that the movie worked fell on deaf ears. ... flyover country -- with blue-collar moviegoers in the Midwest, South, ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)