Re: Arthur C. Clarke's "The Wall of Darkness" - what's the point?

> I believe the implication is that the wall was built over the
>klein bottle twist in their world. Without the wall, that twist
>would be visible. That explains why seeing it, without the wall,
>might drive people mad.

Ok, that might explain it then. I was trying to figure out where on the strip that great wall would have been.

  • Re: Question For The Smarter Than Me Radio People
    ... have a better idea, it's not a big space, but it was built like a mini ... with the outside wall and then the spray foam insulation and then ... The floor is just your ... build a shed mind" .....it would be the easiest to replace - I hope. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Question For The Smarter Than Me Radio People
    ... have a better idea, it's not a big space, but it was built like a mini ... with the outside wall and then the spray foam insulation and then ... The floor is just your ... build a shed mind" .....it would be the easiest to replace - I hope. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: OT: in the next few days
    ... i am wondering if after you have built your dropped curb if you could remove ... My two neighbours to the left share ... I don't want such a wall, ... behind their house. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Question For The Smarter Than Me Radio People
    ... have a better idea, it's not a big space, but it was built like a mini ... with the outside wall and then the spray foam insulation and then ... The floor is just your ... build a shed mind" .....it would be the easiest to replace - I hope. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Trebuchet
    ... >> I was astounded at the damage the stone did to the test wall. ... > time it was made about the wall not being terribly well built. ... The wall appeared to be dressed with six inch stone with a rubble core, ... one of those 250 lb balls strikes the top of a castle wall. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)