Re: In support of Keith

On 11/15/2011 10:19 PM, rkshullat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Keith F. Lynch<kfl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Dyer-Bennet<dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Keith F. Lynch"<kfl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
David Dyer-Bennet<dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Winning two hundred million dollars would completely and totally
change my entire existence, in lots and lots of different ways, ...

Would you continue to post here?

Quite likely; this isn't just something I do to fill time where I
can't afford any better amusement, it's actively nice to keep in
touch with the people here.

I suppose if I became wealthy I could keep doing pretty much what I do
now. And some of the people I think of as regular folks might really
be secret millionaires.

I've known some...they had no distinguishing marks. They didn't drive
solid gold cars or light cigars with $100 bills. They were just people
who had houses that were a bit (sometimes more than a bit) nicer, drove
cars that were a bit nicer (but not always), generally flew first class
and stayed in nicer hotels. But they wore old blue jeans and boots and
drove old jeeps and station wagons when they went hunting. No fancy
clothes or bearers.

I knew one that lived in the house he grew up in, drove a car a few years old that he was bad about keeping up, didn't buy expensive clothes, and had his own jet. Everybody has to have some toys.

  • Re: Saab 95/96, was Re: Strokes, Cycles and Variable Compression
    ... It drove fine when I parked it, but I keep not getting it back ... >> two-seat sports cars started to look spectacularly impractical anyway. ... Another fun little beastie is the Fiat X-1/9. ... Fix it again today; ...
    (misc.rural)
  • Re: Michaels return
    ... the man drove a lot of very different cars - hell, ... fit and used to their cars than, with the best will in the world, he ... If you mean physically fit, I doubt it - part of the man's success ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: Totally off-topic
    ... driver said 'pigs have better manners than you' and drove off. ... I had not done anything I was aware of and he drove off without explaining. ... committing criminal damage to cars, kicking cars and breaking wing mirrors ... I once watched an elderly gentleman using his walking stick to whack the door panels of cars parked with wheels on the pavement. ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: Used Enthusiast Car Suggestions?
    ... My brother is a copper, he drove one on the M62 to Hull doing a Liver, run ... > know much about cars that are not offered in the States. ... > I am an enthusiast driver and drove a 1995 Ford Probe GT in the ... > I know I will have to make some compromises with my price limit. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: In support of Keith
    ... who had houses that were a bit nicer, ... drove old jeeps and station wagons when they went hunting. ... Even that depends...there's the kind of fame that gets you noticed, ... kind of fame that has crowds of people trying to tear off you clothes ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)