Re: Tam Lin podcast site

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:52:31 -0700 (PDT), David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

Sometime I hope I get to work with our test person and get
to understand the tools used for automated testing of GUI
applications. I imagine there's a component of painful
drudgery in getting things set up, but there might be some
interesting ideas, too. (Related, in my head, via the issue of
mouse movements, if that's not obvious.)

As far as I know it's a solved problem if only for web browser apps. Our
automated testing framework does hundreds of thousands of tests and as
Firefox is a GUI application, many tests exist to test the GUI.

We have several testing frameworks (e.g. mozmill) for testing various
things and these provide many helper functions such as
synthesizeMouseClick() and synthesizeMouseGesture().

I imagine that your company is using similar testing frameworks that
take all or most of the drudgery out of the process.

Phil

--
Philip Chee <philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <philip.chee@xxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: Dynamic JLabel display within a JPanel
    ... > GUI application, ... If you are not doing your computations in a separate thread, ... what I have been able to glean from your description, I cannot imagine how ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Does VS 2005 Team System support GUI test cases?
    ... I'm reviewing some documentation (haven't been able to get my hands on VS ... 2005 yet) about MSF Agile. ... In short I'm looking for automated testing of GUI and Web-based content. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: How to develop my career on software testing?
    ... > I have both manual testing and automated testing experience.I used unit ... What's wrong with pointing a normal *Unit tool at GUI code? ... The ultimate goal of testing is the ability to write a test before writing ... Developers should write test cases that drive a GUI without displaying it. ...
    (comp.software.testing)
  • Turning off items that load on boot
    ... Is there a GUI that does this? ... I have 384mb of ram and my machine sits ... with 13mb free when the desktop loads. ... As you might imagine this is ...
    (Fedora)
  • need help with overview of popular testing packages
    ... I need to show my students some automated testing in action. ... talking small, classroom type exercises here - enter record via GUI, ...
    (comp.software.testing)