Re: Tam Lin podcast site

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:52:31 -0700 (PDT), David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

Sometime I hope I get to work with our test person and get
to understand the tools used for automated testing of GUI
applications. I imagine there's a component of painful
drudgery in getting things set up, but there might be some
interesting ideas, too. (Related, in my head, via the issue of
mouse movements, if that's not obvious.)

As far as I know it's a solved problem if only for web browser apps. Our
automated testing framework does hundreds of thousands of tests and as
Firefox is a GUI application, many tests exist to test the GUI.

We have several testing frameworks (e.g. mozmill) for testing various
things and these provide many helper functions such as
synthesizeMouseClick() and synthesizeMouseGesture().

I imagine that your company is using similar testing frameworks that
take all or most of the drudgery out of the process.

Phil

--
Philip Chee <philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <philip.chee@xxxxxxxxx>