Re: Real Bread Campaign

In article <L62o7q.1EBt@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
djheydt@xxxxxxxxxxx (Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:

In article <memo.20100724165747.4352A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Paul Dormer <prd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <op.vgbgbtp35qv6o3@toshiba-laptop>, mkeesan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Morris Keesan) wrote:

I wonder what's next? The Campaign for Real Cheese?

I think we had that a few years ago. Cheese readily available in the
shops is made with pasteurised milk, and purists reckon that spoils the
flavour. I remember an episode of the sitcom Chef (which the IMDb tells
me ran from 1993-96) where the chef was trying to find a source of cheese
made with unpasteurised milk.

He failed, I hope. Raw milk CAN KILL YOU.

http://www.slate.com/id/2260389/

That doesn't come across as precisely a balanced account. In particular,
it says nothing at all about certified raw milk--raw milk produced under
conditions designed to prevent infection. For all I can tell from the
article, it might be responsible for no disease at all. It's easy to
make any view sound nutty if you get to select which defenders you quote
and what you quote from them.

--
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/

  • Re: Real Bread Campaign
    ... made with unpasteurised milk. ... and what you quote from them. ... I drank raw milk from our own cow for the second through fifth ... The cow was healthy, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Ian Rush
    ... > Ian Rush said if I drink lots of milk I'll be good enough to play for ... > Accrington Stanley ... Get the quote right at least. ...
    (uk.sport.football.clubs.liverpool)
  • Re: Microsoft Delphi?
    ... A milking cow can produce more milk for its weight than any other breed ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Better news
    ... Text from daughter this evening ... Can't take milk yet cos that clogs his lungs but hosp are really positive". ... End of quote. ... That is such good news Madge and I hope he will be fine very soon now. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Digging Deep in the China Study (or how to discredit a vegan)
    ... over the virtues of raw milk. ... agreeing with pearl about the horrible conditions or food animals must ... human plant food and the amount of land that is permanent pasture. ... I countered by saying that raw milk ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)